At Affilius Group Limited, we understand the importance of a data policy and how it protects us, our customers and our visitors to our website. We take pride to ensure we value your information and your privacy at all times.
This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us at Affilius Group Limited, the information we may collect from you either directly via this website, from emails or from 3rd party platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. It also explains your rights under The General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
Affilius Group Limited will act as a Data Controller for your personal data. This means we determine how and why your personal data is processed.
- Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Affilius Group Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
|GDPR||the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;|
|Affilius Group Limited, or us||Affilius Group Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 02560624 whose registered office is at The Rectory, Blackburn Rd, Accrington BB5 2SB;
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Affilius Group Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Affilius Group Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, https://www.affiliusgroup.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Affilius Group Limited is the “data controller”. This means that Affilius Group Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
- Using your Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you directly or your business; and
- data is collected automatically.
Who we collect data from?
Our Website Visitors.
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times, geolocation and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- How we will keep your Data safe
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- All data provided to us is stored on secure servers
- Any paper copies are kept within a secure locked filing cabinet
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees – all of our employees have access to our Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system, which is protected with secure log in details. You may receive contact from any member of our team.
- agents –
- Accountants: We rely on support from our Accountant team for our VAT and Year end reporting. This means that they do have access to our CRM book keeping account for monitoring and reporting purposes
- Outsourced CRM provider: We rely on support to ensure our system is updated and functional. This requires expertise from an outsourced provider that can have access to this system for maintenance support and updates.
At Affilius Group Limited we do not share data to third parties for marketing purposes nor send data outside the EEA.
- Our Legal Basis
Data protection law allows us to use your data where we have a Legal Basis to do so.
Affilius Group Limited Legal Basis are:
- We use your information to monitor traffic optimization and data analyse – Our legal basis for this is legitimate interest
- Marketing Purposes: We may send you emails about news and updates on products, solutions and services. You will always be able to unsubscribe from these – Our legal basis for doing that is either consent or legitimate interest
- Responding to new inquires: We will use your email and contact details to contact you regarding any inquiry to our current Services. -Our legal basis for doing so is contractual obligation.
Legal Basis definition
Legitimate interests are those uses of personal data by a data controller, which is us Affilius Group Limited, that are deemed necessary.
These legitimate interests are:
- Provide a service to our Customer base
- Monitoring purposes from website usage
- Professional development in terms of Customer relationships and Services offered
- Security measures
- Promoting our service and business branding.
- Responding to customer enquiries, contact requests.
Any legitimate interest must not override the fundamental right or freedoms of an individual. On this basis, you can object to Affilius Group Limited processing your data based on legitimate interest. If alternative legitimate interest is found then we will continue to use your date, subject to your legal rights.
You have provided Affilius Group Limited consent for us to process your personal data, it is your legal right to withdraw your consent at any given time. All our emails have a click to unsubscribe button.
Processing your data is necessary for any Customer entering into a contract with us.
If you are not satisfied with any of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object in certain circumstance (see the section headed ‘your rights’ below)
- Data retention
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information, we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact our Data Control Officer via this e-mail address: email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
- Changes of business ownership and control
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
You may contact Affilius Group Limited at:
Tel: (0) 1706 224151
Address: Affilius Group HQ, The Rectory, Blackburn Road Rising Bridge, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 2SB
This policy was updated in April 2020